Monday, May 01, 2006

 

Gummer Gear Diary (April 30, 2006)

by C.Martin


A busy day of church, an after church first-communion party then household chores didn't leave much time to use any Gummer Gear. Until it came time to change the baby.

A squirming ninth month old on the changing table and I reach down with one hand to the first shelf and find... no diapers. Argh. The baby is tossing about, requiring one hand to keep her from rolling off the changing table. Luckily, the new, unopened box of diapers was nearby. Unfortunately, it was still taped together.

Leatherman to the rescue! With one hand I was able to extract the my WAVE from it's belt pouch and open the single lock blade with one thumb. Three quick cuts and the diaper box was open. Moments later and the baby's butt was once again safely ensconsed in a fresh poop catcher.


Still later in the day I had use for my micro flashlight. I was poking around in my electric dryer, trying to figure out what was making the horrible screeching noise. Rather than go upstairs for a proper flashlight, I turned to my leatherman belt pouch. The micro LED light there did allow me to find the source of the screeching- a worn out pulley- but it lacked sufficient candlepower to really let me get in there and dig around. A trip upstairs to my trusty C Cell Maglite was in order.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?