Friday, May 12, 2006

 

Gummer Gear Diary (May 10-12, 2006)

by C.Martin





The past few days have been kind of hectic, and I sprained a neck/shoulder muscle, so I've fallen behind on the daily update...

The 10th wasn't too eventful. I had ordered AT&T DSL service Monday, and the modem came in the mail Wednesday, the 10th. I was pretty excited, as was my 6 yr old, who has thoroughly been brainwashed by all the DSL commercials. I whipped out my Leatherman Wave and opened the DSL Modem box.

We went down stairs and started the installation... only to find out we had no ethernet card. Apparently, when I got my PC 3 years ago, I was cheap and didn't get an ethernet card. No DSL Wednesday night.


Thursday, the 11th, we stopped at Circuit City on the way home and found a Belkin ethernet card for $15.00. My daughter was very excited and we again went home with visions of DSL in our heads.

This time, the Wave came in handy opening the Ethernet card's box. I thought it would come in handy installing the card as well. But whaddya know! My Dell opened up easily and it was a screwless installation.

And now Friday.

It seems I've trained my friends well. They realize the importance and availability of my Wave.

One of the ladies I work with approached me early this morning at work, wanting to know if my "tool-thing" could fix her bracelet. I immediately popped my Wave from it's sheath and was ready to go. Then she figured out her bracelet wasn't broken afterall and was quite pleased with herself for fixing it all by herself.

That's kind of like using my Wave.

And my DSL service is still not set up at AT&T's end.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?