Sunday, May 21, 2006

 

Gummer Gear Diary (May 18-20)

by C.Martin

May 18th. Geez I can barely remember back that far. It was a thursday... Oh yeah, I had to add a hole in my daughter's belt (man, kids grow fast). I've found that the Wave's scissors work good as an awl and can be twisted back and forth to make holes in belts. As my new belt stretches out under the strain of holding back my gut, I have had to add new holes to it as well.


May 19th was a good Wave day. Some friends and I got together to watch some movies and I had to quickly jerry rig a movie screen for a projector to use. In the middle of tryign to tie one end down, I needed a pocket knife to cut the excess string. Considering my keys weren't even on me, I briefly wondered what to do. But then I remembered by Wave on my hip.


May 20th, was a fairly busy day, with little time for Gummer Gear. Until it came time to sharpen my machete for some outdoor work. Afterall a machete is more fun at chopping down annoying saplings than a pruner.


The workbench grinder turned out to do a better, quicker job than my diamond sharpener (which I keep in my Wave belt pouch). Still, if I had lots of time and patience, I have no doubt the diamond sharpener would absolutely eat up my machete.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?