Thursday, May 04, 2006

 

Gummer Gear Diary (May 3, 2006)

by C.Martin






Today was an ironic use of my Leatherman Wave. Normally it comes in handy as a screwdriver, or pocket knife or scissors. It’s a very handy tool for quick repairs when I’m too lazy to go get my toolbox. Or, I use it for quick emergencies when there’s no time for the tool box.


Today, I used my Wave to open the packaging on a new mini tool I purchased at the auto parts store: A Swiss Tech Micro Tech key ring mini pliers.



The serrated blade on the Wave made short work of Swiss Tech's sturdy packaging. This neat little gadget unfolds like an Autobot transformer into a variety of tools:

- #2 Flat Screwdriver
- #2 Phillips Screwdriver
- Precision Pliers
- Wire Cutters
- Wire Stripper
- Sheet Shear
- Bonus! 1/8” Rule Markings



And it fits neatly on your key ring! Heck, combine that with my Utilikey, pocket knife and P38 Can opener, and I almost don't need my Leatherman Wave!


Now to find something to use this new gadget on...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?