Monday, May 08, 2006

 

Gummer Gear Diary (May 8, 2006)

by C.Martin



It was a nice day today. But then, any day away from work is nice.

Today my daughter's kindergarten class had a field trip to the Zoo. I volunteered as a chaperone. Which meant I ended up supervising my daughter and another hyper six year old girl.

Saying this ultimately led to a situation where was able to use my Leatherman Wave might alarm some folks. But it was harmless.

When the straw went missing from a juice bag, I knew my Wave could help. True, it doesn't have a straw attachment, but it does have scissors. And those scissors quickly removed the top of the drink pouch which was then useable as a makeshift kind of cup.

That's survival- providing a drink to a thirsty child.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?