Tuesday, January 29, 2008

 

Has it really been five years...?

Wow, it's been five whole years since the wonderful Tremors TV Series aired on the Scifi Channel.

March 28, 2003 just seems like only the other day- until I look at my kids and see how much they've grown. Heck, I only had one kid when Burt and the town launched into a series of 13 wonderful adventures.

In all that time we haven't seen anything else Tremors come along. No 5th movie, no toys (although we almost got a Burt action figure), no comic books, no novels, no nuthin'.

Depressing.

Worse, Tremors: The Series still isn't out on DVD. I can't believe that the Scifi Channel will put crap like "Attack of the Sabretooth" and "Lake Placid 2" on DVD, but we don't get Tremors: the Series?

And if you download Tremors: The Series from Amazon.com, good luck watching it on anything other than your PC. It's DRM'd up but good. I had to use NERO just to make backups.

Dammit! I want to watch Burt blowing away shriekers on my new HDTV! Where's my DVD set! Even the lame Blade TV series got a DVD release!

Okay, I digress. I should be remembering my favorite show with fondness, and be glad I can see it on download. I had to wait almost 20 years to see the Greatest American Hero and Land of the Lost on DVD.

Well, in remembering the 5th Anniversary of Perfection's continuing adventures on TV, I came across this great website, www.webarchive.org, that let's you see webpages as they used to be, all the way back to 1999. As most Tremors fans know, the Scifi Channel dropped Tremors' great website not long after the show was cancelled, and a lot of cool info was lost. But with webarchive, I can go back and see it again.

So, over the next two weeks, maybe all the way up to March 28th, I'm going to reprint the content from that old site for your viewing pleasure and to spark discussion on the show. Heck, I might even throw in the fanfiction script I did for Burt vs. the Gillmen- a photocartoon project I started in 2004 that never got finished.

Up tomorrow: The Scifi Site's Welcome Page text and a description of Graboids.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?